2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
100-150 gm boneless chicken, cubed
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 cup plain flour
salt to taste
oil, as required
- In a pressure cooker, add cubed potatoes, chicken pieces, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt and cook it for 3 whistles adding about 1/4 cup of water at medium flame.
- Open the cooker and reduce the water by heating and then mash it well and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and saute.
- Add chopped onions and saute well adding little salt. Add garam masala and saute well.
- Then add mashed mixture into this and mix well. Adjust salt and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and then make small balls. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and make a smooth thick batter adding water little by little.
9. Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip each prepared ball in batter and carefully drop into hot oil.
10. Fry it on medium flame till all sides are golden brown.
11. Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve with tea / coffee..