150 gm prawns / chemmeen, cleaned
1 1/2 tsp + 1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp fennel powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 big potato, boiled and mashed
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup gram flour
1 tbsp rice flour
salt to taste
oil, as required
- In a bowl, add cleaned prawns, 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the marinated prawns at low flame. Then cut it into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves and salt and saute well.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, garam masala and fennel powder and mix well till raw smell goes.
- Add chopped fried prawns and mix well for a minute.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add boiled and mashed potato and mix well. Allow it to cool and then make small balls. Keep it aside.
9. In a bowl, add plain flour, gram flour, rice flour, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt and mix well.
10. Add required water little by little to make a smooth thick batter.
11. Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip each prepared ball in batter and carefully drop into hot oil.
12. Fry it on medium flame till all sides are golden brown.
13. Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve with tea / coffee..