1 small beetroot
300 gm pasta
200 gm boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
200 ml milk
200 ml chicken stock
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
100 gm grated cheese
1 tbsp parsley leaves / coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Peel and cut the beetroot into small cubes and blend it well adding 50 ml of water. Strain it through a strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat 1- 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chicken pieces, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt and saute well till the chicken pieces are cooked. Keep it aside.
- Boil water in a large pan and add pasta, 1 tbsp oil and salt and cook for 8-10 minutes or according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a thick bottomed pan and add chopped garlic and saute.
- Add plain flour and mix well. Add milk to this and mix well without any lumps.
- Add chicken stock, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, thyme, oregano and salt and mix well.
- Add grated cheese into this and stir well.
- Now add strained beetroot juice and mix well and cook until it thickens.
- Then add cooked chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix till well combined.
- Add parsley leaves / coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame. Serve hot…
Recipe Source: Cook’omania (YouTube)