4-5 big lemons
small lemon sized tamarind
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
2 tbsp grated jaggery
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp gingely / sesame oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
1-2 dry red chillies, broken
- Wash the lemons and pat dry them. Then cut them into small cubes and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in 1/4 cup of water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp gingely oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add finely chopped green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped lemons and saute well for 5 minutes at medium flame till it becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well till the raw smell goes.
- Add asafoetida powder into this and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and mix well. Then add tamarind water and mix well.
- Add grated jaggery and salt and mix well till the gravy slightly thickens.
- Now add fenugreek powder, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp gingely oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry. Add this to the curry and mix well….