2 cups dried mango slices/ adamanga
4 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp asafoetida powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste (if required)
1/2 cup gingely oil
- Wash and soak the dried mango slices in 2 cups of water for 1/2-1 hour. Chop into small pieces and keep it in the same water.
- Heat gingely oil in a thick bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry. Add asafoetida powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add soaked dried mango pieces with water and mix well and allow to boil and cook until they become soft.
- Add fenugreek powder, mix well and boil well for 3 minutes. Check for salt and add if required.
- Remove from the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Store in an air tight glass container/ bottle…Serve it with rice…