1 cup / 200-250 gm strawberries
1/4 cup + 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup blueberries
1 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a blender, add chopped strawberries and 1/4 cup of sugar and blend well to a smooth puree and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with cooking spray (or line with baking paper).
- In a small bowl, combine and toss together blueberries and 1 tbsp flour. Keep it aside.
- Add plain flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and 1/2 cup of sugar and beat well using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Then add the milk, oil and vanilla essence and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture, folding them into the batter until smooth.
- Pour the prepared strawberry puree into the batter and gently stir until combined.
- Now gently fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely… Then slice the bread /loaf and serve…