1/2 kg mutton, cut into pieces
3 large onions, sliced
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 black cardamoms
15-20 pepper corns
salt to taste
2 tbsp yogurt, whisked
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
4 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, black cardamom and pepper corns and saute well.
- Add sliced onions and fry on medium flame for 10-12 minutes till brown.
- Add cleaned mutton pieces and saute on high flame for 5 minutes till meat is browned.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes on low flame till the raw smell is gone.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well on low flame for 3-4 minutes till oil separates.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles or till cooked well.
- When the pressure releases, open the cooker and add garam masala and mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame till water dries up.
- Switch off the flame and add yogurt, mix well and then cook on low-medium flame for 4-5 minutes till oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot….