10-12 chakka / ripe jackfruit pieces, chopped
1/4 cup sugar, powdered
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup plain flour
4 tbsp wheat flour
1 tbsp rice flour
oil, for frying
- In a blender, add jackfruit pieces and grind well to a smooth paste without adding water.
- In a mixing bowl, add jackfruit paste, sugar, cumin powder, cardamom powder, salt, plain flour, wheat flour and rice flour and mix everything together with hand. Keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Wet your palms with water, take little batter/ mixture and make a ball. Place it on the palm, flatten it and make a hole in the centre.
- Drop this slowly in the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Remove it from the oil and serve with tea or coffee…
- If the batter is too thick, you can add milk to adjust consistency..