Neer dosa is the most popular breakfast dish in our area (Kasaragod). It is easy to prepare-just soak raw rice for 4-5 hours, grind it to a thin watery batter and prepare dosa. No need of fermentation. It goes well with any vegetarian or non-vegetarian curries.
2 cup raw rice
1/2 cup grated coconut
1-2 tbsp cooked rice (optional) ,for softness
water as required
- Soak raw rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind it with grated coconut, cooked rice and salt by adding water (3-4 cups) to a smooth batter. Batter should be thin and watery. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat a non stick pan/ tawa and grease it with little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and rotate the pan to spread the batter around the pan to get a very thin dosa.
- Cover it and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove it from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the same process with remaining batter until all the batter is used up. Serve hot…