1 cup green peas
8-10 kovakka (ivy gourd), sliced
1 big onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 piece ginger
3-4 cloves garlic
2-3 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 tsp sambhar powder (I used Eastern sambhar powder)
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Soak green peas in water overnight. Pressure cook it by adding salt and enough water and keep aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies together and make a paste.
- Cook sliced kovakka pieces, tomato, onion, ground paste and turmeric powder together with water and salt in a pan.
- Add cooked green peas and sambhar powder to this and mix well. Allow to boil.
- Finally add thick coconut milk and boil for 2-3 minutes.Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a small pan, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Pour this over the curry, mix well and serve hot….
Sending this to Kerala Kitchen Event hosted by Julie @ Erivum Puliyum
wow.. it looks very yummy.. never heard of kovakka curry..
I never made green peas and ivy gourd combination. But your recipe sounds delicious. nice one dear.
Curry sounds awesome, nice recipe 🙂
On-Going Event EP Series ~ Basil or Cardamom
Excellent & east recipe 🙂
Never tried this combo. Looks delicious.
Curry looks delicious..I have never made this combo.
thanks for dropping by my blog!
New combo…will definitely try this one
Never tried this combo,looks yum,bookmarked.
Definitely an interesting combo..delicious curry.
All your recipes look amazing ! thanks for the lovely blog 😉
I don't know if you've visited my new vegetarian food blog (cooking and baking) but if you haven't – I'd like to invite you (you can enjoy it even if you're not vegetarian).
Feel free to stop by, say hello and follow the blog so that you'll be getting daily updates (-:
Never tried this combi, but looks great & is definitely healthy
Very interesting combo n the surry sounds so yummy with coconut milk…thanks for the recipe will try it sometime!
very nice combo and looks like a delicious curry 🙂
Hi Shabbu ,
Till now i never tried this combi,
but looks great & is definitely healthy
Keep in touch Shabbu
looks so simple and tasty.
Looks yum and nice combo
Never tried this combo…looks creamy and yum…
Never tried peas and kovakka.
Thanks for sharing the awards Shabana…I have picked them up and linked you back here.
– Delicious Adventures
Thank you all for your lovely comments….
nice interesting different combination of ingredients..
Thks for visiting me..
It's only in Kerala that I've found these dried peas… a few years back i didn't even know dried peas exists… Though I prefer fresh peas to dried but i love some curries made out of it…This combination sounds great…
interesting combo..haven't tried kovakka in green peas curry,will try sometime:-)
Thanx for linking it to the event:-)
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
yummy curry….lovely combo….