1 cup green peas
8-10 kovakka (ivy gourd), sliced
1 big onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 piece ginger
3-4 cloves garlic
2-3 green chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 tsp sambhar powder (I used Eastern sambhar powder)
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Soak green peas in water overnight. Pressure cook it by adding salt and enough water and keep aside.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies together and make a paste.
- Cook sliced kovakka pieces, tomato, onion, ground paste and turmeric powder together with water and salt in a pan.
- Add cooked green peas and sambhar powder to this and mix well. Allow to boil.
- Finally add thick coconut milk and boil for 2-3 minutes.Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a small pan, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Pour this over the curry, mix well and serve hot….