Eid Mubarak to all my readers and fellow bloggers…
Trifle pudding is a dessert prepared using sponge cake, thick custard, mixed fruits, jelly and whipped cream and it is arranged in layers…..Great dessert for parties….
4 tbsp Raspberry jam mixed with little warm water
mixed fruits ( I used canned mixed fruits)
1 packet strawberry/ raspberry jelly
2 cups of milk
2 tbsp custard powder
3-4 tbsp sugar
Heavy whipped cream for final layer
- First prepare the custard – Make a paste with custard powder by adding 1/4 cup milk. Boil remaining milk with sugar. Add the paste to the boiling milk and stir continuously till it form a thick custard. Allow to cool and refrigerate it.
- Prepare the jelly as per the instructions given in the packet and refrigerate to set.
- To arrange trifle, take a glass bowl or serving glasses.
- Cut the cake into slices and spread jam on this cake slices. Line the bottom of the bowl with cake pieces.
- Then layer with mixed fruits with its syrup (little).
- Pour the prepared cold custard over the fruit layer and spread it.
- Cut the jelly into small pieces and arrange on top of it as another layer.
- Repeat the same process for another layers. Then add the whipped cream and cherries as a top layer. Refrigerate and serve chilled….
Sending to Eid Potluck Party @ My Culinary Adventures