1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
2 onions, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
2 green chillies
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1″ piece ginger, crushed
3-4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2- 2 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp chicken masala
2 small piece cinnamon sticks
- Heat oil in a pan/ kadai , add chopped onions, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and saute till onion becomes transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes , stir well and saute till soft and tomatoes are cooked.
- Now add kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2- 2 cups of water and salt and allow to boil.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces to this and mix well. Mix in garam masala and chicken masala. Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Check salt and if gravy is not enough, add more water and boil for few minutes. Serve hot…