I adapted this recipe from Yummy O Yummy..
1 bunch silverbeet/ Red swiss chard
3 slit green chillies
2-3 slices mango pieces ( or can use yoghurt)
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1-2 sprig curry leaves
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds to a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Wash the silverbeet leaves and chop them, and also slice the stem to 2 inch pieces.
- In a wide pan, add the sliced stems along with turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry leaves, slit green chillies and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook it.
- Add chopped leaves and mango pieces when it is half-done.
- When the leaves and stems are cooked well, add the ground coconut paste and stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp coconut oil and curry leaves, mix well. Switch off and close with a lid. Serve with rice..
Healthy recipe, looks yummy. Happy Onam 🙂
Yummy and healthy avial
Love swiss chard, looks delicious!
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
yummy n attractive aviyal…..
Looks so colourful and tasty aviyal.
Happy Onam,tempting and healthy aviyal.
Today's Recipe – Potato Bhaji
Delicious aviyal. Nice color.
What a healthy dish, love it
Thank you dear friends for your lovely comments…
Hi Shabbu , seems like I have missed out on quite a few of your delicious posts, the chard looks so delicious