1 1/2 cups chana/ chickpeas, soaked in water
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2- 2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2- 2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
coriander leaves, chopped
- Cook chana with salt adding enough water until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt and saute well till tomatoes becomes soft and cooked.
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well to make a thick paste.
- Add cooked chana along with little water ( use water used for cooking chana) and stir well.
- Boil it in low flame for few minutes till the gravy thickens and remove from the flame. Serve hot….
Linking to CWS hosted by Foodomania and Let’s cook: Lentils and legumes @ Tickling Palates
Just need few pooris to enjoy with this yummy masala..
YUMMY N DELICIOUS MASALA…
Delicious channa masala…Love it dear…
Fingerlicking dish with roti…
Delicious chana masala
Poori with chana…………mouthwatering now. Delicious looks of chana masala.
Very delicious..healthy masala!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Oregano OR Paprika @ Foodomania
Delicious and flavorful channa masala..
Divya's Culinary Journey
Spicy and delicious masala.
looks delicious and yummy….
quick Chicken Curry – Today's Menu
Chana masala looks delicious love it.
Delicious and yummy chana 🙂
I LOVE channa masala and this looks perfect!
Truly delicious, love this with rice
Delicious masala!!love it with pooris..