1 1/2 cups chana/ chickpeas, soaked in water
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2- 2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2- 2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
coriander leaves, chopped
- Cook chana with salt adding enough water until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt and saute well till tomatoes becomes soft and cooked.
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well to make a thick paste.
- Add cooked chana along with little water ( use water used for cooking chana) and stir well.
- Boil it in low flame for few minutes till the gravy thickens and remove from the flame. Serve hot….