250 gm clams/ kakka irachi/ elambakka, cleaned
15 shallots, peeled and crushed
1″ piece ginger, crushed
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2- 2 tsp crushed pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a pan, add cleaned clams, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1/2 cup water and cook on medium flame till done. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, crushed shallots, ginger and garlic and saute well till transparent.
- Then add cooked clams and mix well. Check for salt.
- Add crushed pepper and stir fry for 5-7 minutes until they turn brown…Remove from flame and serve hot..