1 1/2 cup chembu/ taro, cut into small pieces
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 garlic clove
2 green chilly
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
- Peel and cut chembu into small pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, garlic clove and green chillies to a thick paste and keep it aside.
- Cook chopped chembu with chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt adding little water.
- Add the ground paste and yoghurt to the cooked chembu and mix well and heat on low flame for few minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Pour this seasoning over the curry and close with a lid.. Serve with rice…