1 1/2 cup puttu podi
1/2 cup grated coconut
200 gm small prawns
2 onions, finely chopped
4 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
few curry leaves, chopped
2-3 tbsp oil
- Clean prawns and cook it in a pan with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, garlic paste and salt adding little water until masala is well coated with prawns.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well till onion turns soft.
- Then add cooked prawns and stir well for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Mix the salt in water and add this water little by little to the puttupodi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
- To prepare puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then 3 tbsp prawn masala and then the puttupodi as the third layer. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled and the last layer with grated coconut.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…