2 1/2 cup basmati rice
1/2 kg mutton, cut into pieces
3 onions, thinly sliced
5 green chillies, crushed
1 piece ginger, crushed
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 big tomato, chopped (remove seeds)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup water
juice of 1 lemon
3 piece cinnamon
2 1/2 cup boiled hot water
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp ghee
3 tbsp oil
1/4 cup corainder leaves
2-3 tbsp mint leaves
- Wash and drain the basmati rice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 cinnamon, 4 cloves and 4 cardamoms and fry for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and cook till it becomes soft and then add crushed ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add cleaned mutton and chopped tomato and saute well for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, lemon juice and salt and pressure cook till mutton is done
- Heat ghee in a large pan and fry 2 piece cinnamon, 5 cloves and 4 cardamoms.
- Add 1 sliced onion and saute well. Add the drained rice and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add the water and enough salt, mix well and cook covered on low flame till water is drained.
- Add the cooked mutton masala with its stock to the rice, mix slowly and cook covered on low flame till rice is done.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot with raita and pickle…