1 cup puttu podi / rice flour
1 big carrot, chopped into pieces
1/4 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, add the chopped carrots and cook until soft adding enough water.
- Then puree the carrots to a smooth paste adding 1-2 tbsp of water in a blender.
- In a bowl, add the puttupodi and salt and add carrot puree little by little and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with grated coconut first, then the puttupodi and then the grated coconut again. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…