1 cup pineapple, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1 1/4 cup yoghrt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
salt to taste
- Peel and chop pineapple into pieces.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, green chillies, 2-3 curry leaves and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a fine paste.
- In a pan, add the pineapple pieces and cook it adding chilli powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder,salt and little water until it turns soft and tender.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked pineapple, mix well and cook for few minutes on medium flame.
- Reduce the heat and add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery…Add 1/2 tsp sugar (optional) and mix well.. Serve with rice..