2 cups of apple, chopped
1 tin condensed milk
1/2 cup sago seeds/ chawwari
1 litre milk
2 -3 tsp ghee/ butter
chopped badam/ almonds
- Peel and finely chop the apples.
- Soak sago in water for 15 minutes. Cook the sago in a pan adding enough water till transparent. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat butter/ghee in a thick pan and add chopped apples and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cooked sago into this and cook till it becomes thick and reaches the required consistency.
- Add condensed milk , mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the prepared payasam into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped badam..Serve hot or cold..
Recipe adapted from Asianet Cookery