1 large beetroot
250 gm chicken, cut into small pieces
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2- 2 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves
- Clean the chicken and cook it adding turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop beetroot into pieces and then grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of beetroot paste, pepper powder, chilli powder, garam masala, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Add cooked chicken pieces and marinate with this paste. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat little oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces on both sides..
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with chopped coriander leaves…Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish…
- Adjust the spice level according to your taste 🙂