1 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried prawns, cleaned
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger, finely chopped
3/4 cup grated coconut
a pinch of cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
- In a pan, add cleaned dried prawns and dry roast it for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut and cumin seeds together to a coarse mixture. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add chopped cabbage, crushed coconut mixture, chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder and salt and mix well with your hand.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Add cabbage mixture to this and mix well. Sprinkle little water and cook covered on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- When half cooked, add dried prawns and mix well. Cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes on low flame till done.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up…Remove from flame and serve with rice…