1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp yeast
1 medium beetroot ( about 1/2 cup beetroot juice)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Peel and chop beetroot into small pieces and grind it in a blender adding about 1/2 cup of water. Strain its juice and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, yeast, salt and beetroot juice and mix well.
- Knead it well to make a soft dough and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Then knead it again and roll it into a big thick sheet or circle using a rolling pin and cut out small heart shapes using cookie cutter.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently slide the poori’s into the hot oil.
- Fry on both sides on medium flame and drain it on a paper towel…Serve hot,,,