1 1/2 cup rice flour/ puttupodi
1 medium carrot, chopped
3/4 cup spinach, chopped
1/4-1/2 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, add the chopped carrots and cook until soft adding enough water. Then puree the carrots to a smooth paste adding 1-2 tbsp of water in a blender.
- Heat a pan and saute the chopped spinach for a minute. Cool and then puree until smooth adding 1-2 tbsp water in a blender.
- Divide the puttupodi in 3 separate bowls and add a pinch of salt in each bowl.
- Add carrot puree little by little in one bowl and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist ( add water if required).
- In another bowl, add the spinach puree little by little and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist ( add water if required).
- Add water little by little in white rice flour/ puttupodi in the third bowl and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist.
- Then add grated coconut in each bowls and mix well.
- Take a chiratta puttu maker and add the carrot layer first, then add the white rice flour layer and then finally layer with spinach layer. Sprinkle some grated coconut on top.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Invert the puttu to a plate and serve warm with side dish of your choice…
yummy puttu lovely colour