1 cup raw rice/ pachari
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp yeast
salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours. Then grind together the drained rice and grated coconut adding little water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add sugar and yeast, mix well and make a batter of idli batter consistency. Keep this batter aside to ferment for 4-5 hours.
- Before making the appam, add salt and mix well.
- Heat a pan/ dosakallu on medium flame, apply little oil if required and pour a ladleful of batter. Don’t spread the batter.
- Close with a lid and cook in medium flame for a minute and then remove from the pan. No need to flip the other side..
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter and serve warm with any spicy curry of your choice…
Recipe Source: Super Dish Cookery Book