250 gm plain flour
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp yoghurt
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4-1 cup palak / spinach puree (use as required to make a soft dough)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Grind 1/2 bunch palak with little water into a smooth paste/puree and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, yoghurt, yeast, sugar, salt and required amount of palak puree and mix well.
- Knead it well to make a soft dough and keep it aside, covered for 3-4 hours.
4. Then knead it again and roll the dough in a floured surface using a rolling pin and cut out flower/ desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
5.Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and deep fry the batura’s on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve…
- You can also make small lemon size balls out of the dough and roll it into thin discs and deep fry in the oil…