25 ripe jackfruit big pieces
1 cup powdered jaggery
1 cup water
1 tsp dry ginger powder
1/4-1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp ghee
- Remove the seeds from the jackfruit pieces and chop them into pieces.
- Then pressure cook it with half a cup of water for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
- Meanwhile melt the powdered jaggery with half a cup of water in a pan to get a thick syrup. Strain the syrup and keep it aside.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mash the cooked jackfruit with backside of a wooden spoon/ ladle as a paste (or grind it to a smooth paste).
- Then keep the pressure cooker on the flame ( or transfer it to a heavy bottomed pan ) and allow to evaporate the water by stirring.
- Pour the strained jaggery syrup to this and allow to cook stirring continuously till it becomes thick and jam like consistency.
- When the water content is almost evaporated, add ghee little by little and keep stirring until the mixture leaves the sides.
- Add the dry ginger powder and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool to the room temperature. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate..