100 gm white chocolate
500 ml whipping cream
4-5 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra to dust
300 gm raspberries
vegetable oil, to grease
- Lightly oil a loaf tin and then line it with clingfilm.
- Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the cream and 3 tbsp of the icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the surface of the cream, sprinkle on 175 gm of the raspberries and gently fold in.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Blend most of the remaining raspberries (reserving a few to decorate) and the remaining icing sugar in a food processor.
- To serve, remove the terrine from the freezer and stand for 10-15 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle with the raspberry sauce, scatter on the reserved raspberries and lightly dust with icing sugar.
This sounds like a nice summer dessert! I have some white chocolate, some whipped cream and some frozen strawberries in the fridge… bookmarked!