2 cups kappa/ tapioca, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup prawns, cleaned
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp carrot, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/4 cup plain flour
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
- Cook the tapioca pieces in enough water adding 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and saute well.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger, coriander powder, chilli powder and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cleaned prawns and little salt and mix well. Add little water to this and cook covered till the prawns are cooked.
- Add finely chopped carrot to this and mix well.
- Then add the cooked tapioca and mash it well with a wooden spoon.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool..
- Make small balls out of this mixture and flatten it into desired shapes.
- In a bowl, mix plain flour with little water and prepare a thin batter.
- Dip the prepared rolls in the batter and then roll it in the bread crumbs till well coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the rolls on medium flame till golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tomato sauce…
Tapioca in cutlets is new to me.. but the combo sounds so good.. yum