100 gm muthari/ ragi/ finger millet
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups of water
sugar as required (add to your taste)
1 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
3 shallots, sliced
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp raisins
1 1/2 tsp ghee
- Wash and soak ragi/ muthari in water for 3-4 hours . Drain it and then grind it in a blender adding enough water to a smooth paste.
- Strain it to a saucepan through a sieve and then add water and sugar and stir continuously at low flame.
- Keep stirring and when the mixture starts thickening, add the coconut milk , cardamom powder and a pinch of salt ,mix well and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add the sliced shallots and cashew nuts and fry till brown. Add raisins and fry it till puff up.
- Switch off and pour this tempering into the muthari kaachiyathu and keep it covered for 5 minutes. Stir well and serve warm…