The theme for this month’s Muslim Food Blogger’s Challenge is ” meat based recipes “. I got this recipe from Lakshmi Nair’s Cookery Show – Magic Oven..It has a rich and thick gravy and goes well with naan, batura, ghee rice etc…
1/2 kg mutton, cut into pieces
3 big onions, thinly sliced
8-10 green chillies
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4-1/2 fresh cream
salt to taste
oil as required
- In a pressure cooker , add the cleaned mutton pieces, turmeric powder and salt and mix well and cook till done adding 1/4 cup of water.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions till golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, fry the green chillies and keep it aside.
- Then grind the fried onions and green chillies with chopped coriander leaves to a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan and add the cooked mutton with its stock and ground masala / paste and mix well.
- Check salt and add if required.Then cook it for 10 minutes at medium flame.
- Add fresh cream and mix well for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame…Serve with chapati, naan, batura, ghee rice etc…