2 cups cheera/ spinach leaves, chopped
3/4 cup toor dal / thuvaraparippu
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- Wash the spinach leaves and chop them into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and a garlic clove to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add the toor dal and cook it adding enough water for 1-2 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mash it lightly and add the chopped spinach, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Cook it on medium flame till spinach is cooked and then add the ground coconut mixture, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Adjust the salt and add little water if it is very thick. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this over the prepared curry..Serve hot with rice…