1 1/2 cup vellarikka / yellow cucumber
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 green chillies
1 cup yoghurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
- Peel and chop vellarikka into small cubes.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, green chillies, shallots and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste.
- In a pan, add the vellarikka pieces and cook it adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder,salt and enough water on medium flame until it turns soft and tender.
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked vellarikka, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery… Serve with rice..