1 1/2 cup kovakka/ ivy gourd, chopped
1 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4- 1/2 cup grated coconut
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Chop kovakka and carrot into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add chopped kovakka, carrot, chopped onion, grated coconut, green chillies, crushed garlic, turmeric powder and salt and mix well with your hand.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add kovakka-carrot mixture to this and mix well. Sprinkle little water if needed and cook covered on low flame till done, stirring occasionally.
- Then remove the lid and stir well for 1-2 minutes till all the water dries up…Remove from flame and serve with rice…