2 cups purple cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
a pinch of turmeric powder
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a sprig of curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, add grated coconut, green chillies,onion, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and garlic and mix well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add the shredded cabbage and salt, mix well and cook covered for a minute.
- Then add the coconut mixture and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid after 5 minutes and stir fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve as side dish with rice..