1 big bunch palak / spinach leaves
1 cup paneer cubes
2 green chillies
1 onion, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh cream
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp butter
- Wash the palak leaves and boil it in a pan adding enough water. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and drain the hot water and pour cold water over it . Then again drain the water and grind it to a smooth paste adding green chillies. Keep it aside.
- Place the paneer cubes in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes to become soft.
- Heat butter in a deep pan and add cumin seeds. When it crackles, add crushed garlic and dried red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion to this and saute till soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Then add coriander powder, garam masala and salt and saute till the tomatoes are soft and oil appears on top.
- Add the palak puree to this and saute well for about 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Then reduce the flame and add paneer cubes, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add lemon juice and fresh cream and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot….