1 medium bread fruit / kadachakka / sheema chakka, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried prawns / unakka chemmeen, cleaned
2 green chillies, slit
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel the bread fruit and chop them into small pieces and keep inside the water.
- In a pan, add cleaned dried prawns and dry roast it for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Grind together the grated coconut, shallots, garlic and cumin seeds to a coarse paste.
- In a pan, add the chopped bread fruit , slit green chillies, turmeric powder and salt and cook covered adding enough water till it becomes soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and when it starts to become golden colour add the dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Add the cooked bread fruit, dried prawns, coconut mixture and chilli powder and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and cook it covered for about 2-3 minutes on low flame, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and serve with rice…