1/4 cup cauliflower florets
2 tbsp plain flour
2 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp + 3/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp + 1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
3 tbsp spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup capsicum, chopped
1/4 cup fresh green peas
1 1/2 cup cooked basmati rice
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Boil water in a pan and add cauliflower, little salt and 2 pinch of turmeric powder and boil for 2 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp soy sauce and salt and mix well. Add little water to this and mix well.
- Then add drained cauliflower and mix well till coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated cauliflower and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan and add chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and spring onion white part and saute.
- Add chopped carrot, capsicum and peas and saute well.
- Add 1 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the fried cauliflower to this and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice and and stir well to combine.
- Adjust the salt and add 1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder, mix and saute well on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion green part and remove from the flame..