2 cups muringayila / drumstick leaves
1 big onion, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
4 green chillies
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and add fennel seeds, grated coconut, chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and roast till brown.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool completely. Then grind to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add drumstick leaves, chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water and mix well and cook covered at medium flame.
- Then add ground coconut paste and enough water, mix well and cook for few minutes. Adjust the salt.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves. Pour this over the curry and serve hot…