3 cups drumstick leaves / muringayila
1 big onion, chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Peel and chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chillies and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt and mix well till soft.
- Add chopped potato and mix well. Cover and cook at low flame until potatoes are cooked well, stirring in between.
- Add cleaned drumstick leaves and mix well and cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame. Serve hot with chapati, neer dosa etc…