1 cup dried green peas
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 sprig curry leaves
3 dry red chillies, broken
a pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Soak the green peas in water over night or minimum of 6 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add the green peas and cook with enough salt and water for about 2-3 whistles. Make sure the green peas does not turn mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, Add urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and fry till the colour of the urad dal turns golden.
- Add the asafoetida and cooked drained green peas and mix well. Check the salt and add if required.
- Then add the grated coconut , mix well and heat for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot…