400 gm squid, cleaned
2 onions ( 1 cup ) ,finely chopped
2 green chillies, slit
2 tomatoes ( 1 cup tomato puree )
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3-4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp fennel seeds
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- Clean and cut squids into small pieces. Puree the tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and finely chopped onions and saute well.
- Add curry leaves and slit green chillies and saute well.
- Add tomato puree and ginger-garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
- Add cleaned squid pieces and mix well. Then add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Cook at medium flame, stirring until squid is well coated with masala and cooked and becomes dry. Switch off the flame. Serve hot..