4 hardboiled eggs
2 onion, chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1/2 ” ginger, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cup thin coconut milk
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
- Remove the shells of boiled eggs and keep it aside
- Grind together 8 shallots, garlic cloves, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala adding 2-3 tbsp water to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion, green chillies, 5 chopped garlic and ginger and saute well till onion turns soft.
- Add ground paste and saute well till raw smell goes. Add salt and little water ( pour about 1/4 cup water in the mixie used for grinding masala and add this) and mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes and saute it well adding few curry leaves.
- Add thin coconut milk and mix well. Cover and cook at low flame till potatoes are cooked well.
- Adjust salt and add 1/2 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
- Then add boiled eggs into this and boil for 2-3 minutes. ( You can also add eggs cut each into half)..
- Add thick coconut milk and heat it for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 2 sliced shallots and fry.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Pour this over the curry and keep it covered for 5 minutes. Serve with appam, idiyappam, roti etc…