1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
2 cups rice flour / idiyappam podi
salt to taste
boiling water as required
grated coconut, as required
- Grind the chopped purple cabbage into a smooth paste adding 1-2 tbsp of water using a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice flour, purple cabbage paste and enough salt. Then add required amount of boiling water and mix thoroughly by stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Then knead well with your hands until the dough becomes soft.
- Grease the idiyappam maker/press and idli plates with little oil to prevent sticking.
- Fill the dough in an idiyappam maker/ press and rotate/press little dough gently into the greased idli plates. Sprinkle some grated coconut on top of each idiyappam..
- Place the idli plates in a steamer and steam cook for 10-12 minutes or until done…Serve hot with side dish of your choice….