3/4 kg tapioca / kappa
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cup drumstick leaves / muringayila
1 cup grated coconut
1 garlic clove
2-3 green chillies
a pinch of cumin seeds
3 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the tapioca into small cubes.
- Grind grated coconut, shallots, garlic clove, cumin seeds and green chillies together to a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Cook the tapioca pieces in a pressure cooker adding turmeric powder, salt and enough water for 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker and mash it well. Add cleaned drumstick leaves to this, mix well and cook at low flame.
- Then add the coconut mixture, mix well and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this seasoning and mix well. Serve hot..