1 1/2 cup choko / chow chow, peeled and chopped
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
1 cup yoghurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
- Peel and chop choko into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds, 1 green chilly and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the choko pieces and cook it adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 green chillies, salt and enough water on medium flame.
- Then add the ground coconut paste to the cooked choko, mix well and cook for few minutes on medium flame.
- Reduce the heat and add the beaten yoghurt , mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t allow to boil.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies and pour this over the pulissery and mix well.. Serve with rice.