1 bunch asparagus
1/4 cup toor dal / thuvara parippu
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 garlic cloves
a pinch of cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 green chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash the dal and cook in a pan adding salt and enough water till cooked and keep it aside.
- Chop the asparagus to thin rounds.
- Crush grated coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves and cumin seeds together to a coarse mixture and keep it aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and fry till light brown.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onion and saute well adding little salt till transparent.
- Add chopped asparagus and turmeric powder and cook covered on low flame-medium flame for few minutes.
- Add in the crushed coconut mixture, stir well and cook at low flame until the raw smell is gone.
- Add cooked dal to this and mix well for few minutes until it is dry…..Remove from flame and serve with rice…