1 1/2 cup raw rice / pachari
1/2 cup coconut water/ thenga vellam
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup cooked rice
3/4 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp salt
water, as required
- In a bowl, add coconut water and sugar and mix well. Keep it aside for 7-8 hours.
- Wash and soak raw rice in water for 4-5 hours.
- In a blender, add drained rice, cooked rice, grated coconut, fermented coconut water and salt and grind to a smooth paste adding 3/4 cup of water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add about 3/4 cup of water ( rinse mixer jar used to grind with 3/4 cup water and add ) and mix well to pouring consistency.
- Keep it covered for fermentation for 8-9 hours. Then mix well the batter.
- Heat a pan/ tawa at high flame and pour a ladleful of batter into the hot tawa and cook at high flame for 1 minute.
- When bubbles/ holes start appearing at the surface, cook it covered at low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the coconut dosa from the pan and transfer it to a plate. Repeat the same with the remaining batter.. Serve with chutney or any curry of your choice…