150 gm kovakka / ivygourd
50 gm dried prawns / unakka chemmeen
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 inch piece ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 green chillies, slit
2 kudampuli / gambooge, cut into pieces
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean the dried prawns, wash it and drain the water. Then dry roast at low-medium flame till its colour changes and crispy. Keep it aside to cool.
- Wash and chop kovakka into pieces.
- Crush together grated coconut, shallots, ginger, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder adding little water.
- In a clay pot/ pan, add the crushed mixture, chopped kovakka, dried prawns, green chillies, kudampuli, curry leaves, salt and about 1-1 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, cook covered on medium-low flame . Adjust the salt.
- Then cook uncovered till almost all water has dried up. Add coconut oil to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve with rice…